Saturday, January 19, 2008

Inspiration (and distraction) from funny sources...


What is it about Japanese women from outer-space (circa 1964-1971) that is so damn cool and appealing? What is it about guys in big monster suites wrestling and destroying fake cities that is so damn intriguing? Mix these two elements and in my brain you have the PERFECT movie. I was driving to Louisville at 5:45 am this morning and just kind of daydreaming about some of my favorite scenes from a number of films, War of the Gargantuas, Destroy all Monsters, Destroy all Planets, Godzilla vs. Monster Zero, Ghidarah the Three Headed Monster, Frankenstein Conquers the World, The Mysterians, Space Amoeba, and a bunch more. Somehow just sort of pondering them and the strange images makes me think of words and photographs in a way I've not thought about them in a long time if ever. Some years ago when my writing was at it's most prolific point it was the combination of 50's Sci Fi and the pain of certain realizations that fueled the content and the amount in which I was able to write / express. This period may be very similar in certain aspects. Anyhow I guess when inspiration flows ya just have to go with it no matter what the source and it will indeed help keep me going until i make the changes i need to......hmmm what should I watch tonight...

No comments:

Post a Comment