Thursday, January 17, 2008

Queen of the Amazons

That strange rescue that found me
here
an obvious exchange
of thought, images, and timeless need
I would have traveled a billion miles
to feel that
if only for a second
the beautiful bottom five
locking lips...in a ruby room
endless drives
to the edge of your world
the alien anticipation that won't dissolve
not even now
this pit is bottomless
and care free
even as I write
you reflect
a savior disguised as wine
unspoken destinations
like some sonic rebellion
amidst a pure and sublime calm
the friend I never lost
not even for a second
the late night calls
emotional pitfalls
and a million shared illusions
why aren’t you here?
or me there?
but we both know and knew
timing is everything
or is it...as it is...or was?
there’s a story in my head for every second
a memory for every sight and sound
and sacred touch
like some utopian ballet
we kissed
without thinking
or blinking
then stopped
************
but you know
and I know
I’ve never left.
ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment